Friday, October 4, 2013

Still to Come - Evolution Versus Thunderbird Email Clients

Dear Readers,

I spent a considerable amount of time evaluating both Evolution and Thunderbird email clients for Linux desktop users starting Monday of this week.  I used the same gmail account to grab the same mail and calendar events which I have stored within Google Calendar as my central Calendar repository.  I also have Google Calendar app on my Android smartphone so that whenever I create an appointment within my Samsung Stellar smartphone, it automatically syncs to Google Calendar which can be accessed by Evolution or Thunderbird.  This also means that whenever I create a new appointment within Evolution or Thunderbird it also shows up on Google Calendar and my smartphone Calendar.  Mail seems to be good for both as well as tasks.  Running a couple more tests this week before I post my final evaluation.  Having had previous experience working with Outlook, Lotus Notes and other email clients, this is a first for me to work with Linux email clients extensively.  So far, if I had to choose between Evolution and Thunderbird, I would not be able to recommend one over the other.  They both seem very comparable to Outlook, which is what most corporate users are familiar with.  Stay tuned because I will be updating this post as needed.

The Editor

 

P. S.  Here is a preview of what it's like to use Evolution on a Linux desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment